Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 1 of Fall Break

Honestly, this fall break concept is one of the greatest...as the weeks going on I am loving it more and more!

Yesterday I slept in. I am not the only one who enjoys me being able to sleep in! He sleeps right next to me every single night!



When I woke up I worked on my Bible study and spent some extra time journaling and praying.  I promised myself that I would make God a priority to start my day each day this week. I'll probably share more on that later. Then the of the morning was spent doing laundry and picking up our very messy apartment. I don't know how it gets so messy, it's like some invisible being follows me and makes little piles of stuff all over our apartment. I know I certainly don't make all these messes! ;-) It's finally clean though so I am very relieved. It always reminds me how thankful I am to be married to a patient man who deals with my messiness.

In the afternoon I went and got a haircut.  I found a coupon and was bored so I decided why not try out the new look I had been considering. I love how it turned out!  I feel like I finally have a style again...especially after that one girl did such a bad job a few months ago.  I feel like a new person, it's amazing how a good haircut can make you feel!





In the evening I went to my Bible Study. I was on kid duty that night so helped out with one of the kids Bible Study rooms.  So not to go off on a tangent but I was absolutely appalled at how disrespectful the kids were. I mean I get that they're all God's children and I should love them all like He does but this just wasn't possible last night. Whenever the teacher wasn't looking they were doing things behind her back.  There was some serious eye rolling, whining at the teacher, lots and lots of unnecessary interruptions and just plain rudeness. And I consider myself to be a kid lover! Needless to say I was pretty disappointed in what I saw and am now even more thankful to all the teachers out there who spend their lives trying to better the lives of these kids.  What has the world come to?

On a  lighter note, it was fun coming home and not having to go straight to bed like normal. Jason and I stayed up and watched a movie.  I love being able to stay up later than 8:30/9:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment