Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Jolene Visits!

My friend, Jolene, made the trip to Colorado to visit us this past weekend!  She arrived on Friday so I was able to leave work a little early to pick her up. We came back to our place, dropped her stuff off and then went to get pedicures. Side note -- I loved how good of a job the girl did for me so I am pumped to go back! After our pedicures we came home to get Jason and then headed to the Irish pub down the street for dinner and drinks.  Another side note -- the bar had 312 which made me a very happy girl!  After spending some time catching up we went home and all watched a movie.

Saturday morning we got up early so we could go to the mountains.  I was extremely disappointed that it was cold, freezing rain and super foggy.  We could barely see a few feet in front of our car, let alone see the awesome mountain views.  Here I've been telling everyone that its been almost too sunny here every single day since I have moved and one of two days of her visiting it ends up being worse weather than Chicago!  But by the time we got into Breckenridge it has cleared up and was sunny! (Totally have God to thank for that since I had been praying and later learned it was still cold and gross back where we live!)  We went shopping to all the T-shirt shops and had lunch at Downstairs at Eric's (a new favorite of mine!)  We drove up the mountains for some pictures then around the reservoir and over the Continental Divide.  Saw some gorgeous views and that A-Basin is already making snow for the ski season!

After much planning and serious contemplation, Jolene and I finally decided to go to Olive Garden for dinner since that's "our thing!" :) Then Jason met up and drove us to Old Chicago for some cocktails.  Later that night we went back for a movie but I ended up going to bed while those two stayed up till 1:00!

Sunday we went to church and then to breakfast at The Waffle House.  Jolene was super excited to go and I hadn't been there but once when I was on Spring Break back in my college days.  Later in the day, Jolene cut and colored my hair and then cut Jason's.  We also went to Jack in the Box for Jolene which was also a first for Jason and I.  We took Cooper to the dog park and laid low. That night we had to watch Revenge. Not sure we got Jolene hooked but we'll see. ;-)

Monday morning I had to work and Jolene's flight was very early so Jason dropped her off at the airport for me so I wouldn't be late to work.  The weekend was lots of fun!  I'm thankful for Jolene's friendship the past 18 years and am thankful she was able to come visit!  Thanks Jolene and hope you enjoyed Colorado as much as it and we enjoyed having you!

No comments:

Post a Comment