Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Quiet Time with God

Through my Bible study and at last weeks sermon I got the prompting that I needed to spend some quality time with God.  I was planning on fasting and had consulted my friend, Michelle, who does that often and gave me some resources but when Saturday rolled around I was pretty sick so didn't think fasting would be in my best interest   Instead I went to an area in nature where I could journal and pray and read the Word.  I decided to bring Cooper though because of the murder of Jessica Ridgeway. Long story short, the abductor is still out there and they think he may have attacked two other women my age back in 2010, so I wasn't going to take any chances.

We drove out to Littleton and found a trail to hike. After about 3/4 of a mile I sat down and spent some time in prayer and in the Word.  Once I was done I finished the hike thinking it was only another 1/2 mile or so but later learned it was about a mile. It was so pretty!  Cooper was born to hike, didn't need to be on a leash and just kept on the path.

I thought I would really hear from God but I don't think I really did.  I am going to spend a lot less time on Facebook - that  seemed to be all I got, and more about the house hunt that I don't seem ready to let go of! I am not even on Facebook that much anymore but feel like I'm on it enough, so cutting that out.  I also really enjoyed just being in nature despite being sick.  While sitting and just being I got to hear a bird sing to me and then later noticed some ants that were crawling at my feet.  Two really small things but things we take for granted. The path was gorgeous and I'm excited to go back with Jason.





Cooper blends in this one! 




I plan to do this again soon. I need to find a place that's secluded enough for me to get deep in the Word but also that's safe.  I'm on a mission to find it and also look forward to fasting soon.  In the right time and with His promptings I am ready for it.

1 comment:

  1. He speaks and often we are too busy to listen- I knwo I am! BE expectant and thanks for the great reminder to take the time to listen- blessings sister!

    ReplyDelete