Friday, October 19, 2012

Kaitlyn's Baptism Weekend in Illinois

This past weekend was amazing and just what I needed!  I feel so filled up!

We went back to Illinois for my niece's baptism.  Besides Jason being asked to be the Godfather, we had to be there for her special day!  We got to Illinois on Friday night.  My parents picked us up and then we went to Portillos for a very late night dinner.  Mmmm it is so good!  We spent the night at my grandma's since she loves to have the company.  We stayed up sipping wine and chatting until almost 1:00 in the morning.  (yes she is almost 90!)

Saturday I spent most of the day with my mom but when we woke up we headed to my brothers house to see him and the girls.  I've only met Kaitlyn once since she was born and (obviously) in 4 months she has changed a lot!  I got in almost a couple hours of snuggle time with her and playtime with Kaylee while Jason ran a few errands to help my brother for the party on Sunday.  After my brothers my mom and I got manicures then met Jason and my dad out for Giordanos (and I got a 312 beer.) Both were delicious! After lunch my dad and Jason went shopping for a new computer for my dad while my mom and I went on a hunt for new shoes and a few other shopping adventures. My mom and I got some good quality time in together. We all met up again to get Starbucks like my mom and I love to do when we're together. After coffee Jason and I headed to Willow Creek (S. Barrington) for church.  It was the 37th anniversary so had an extra kick and was just amazing.  I loved everything about the service!  My friend, Lauran, was able to meet up with us at church and it was her first Willow experience and she loved it.  Secretly hoping she gets involved there since I'm not able to anymore! :)  After church we hung out a little while eating desserts for the anniversary celebrating that the church was hosting.  Definitely not enough time spent with Lauran but was so good to get a hug from her!  That night we went back to my grandma's and my aunt came which brought more laughs and a super good time of fellowship with the four of us.

Sunday morning was my niece's baptism which was the reason we went home.  Jason was the godfather which made me smile so big.  It's a pretty big deal in our family to be a godmother or godfather so it made me smile to know he is in on that tradition with my brothers family.  We went to the baptism at church then went to my brother and sister-in-laws house for a celebration.  They prepared tons of delicious food and we got to chat with everyone and catch up.  I was completely off guard when everyone went to leave and got overly emotional when saying my goodbyes but I was thankful to have the night to spend with my brothers family and two kids.  Unfortunately Kaylee got sick (we're thinking she must have eaten something she isn't used to) so we went and hung out with my parents for a little longer and got to see Coopers cousin, Sophie (their dog.)  Kaylee was feeling better so we went back to play with her and hang out with the family some more.  Kaylee even pooped on the potty for the first time ever while we were there.  It was a pretty big deal if you ask me! 

Monday we woke up and got to spend a few hours playing with the girls before my brother drove us to the airport.  Dropping the girls off at Daycare killed me. I am pretty sure the daycare lady thought I was a crazy person with how bad I was crying when I dropped Kaylee off but we'll be back in 2 months for Christmas so I have that to hang onto!

Awesome weekend, I was just so pumped up and happy to see everyone.  I got my fix of good food, family time, and just being around all that is familiar to me.  I really didn't realize exactly what it meant to "be home" but I realized this weekend what it meant.  There really is no place like home and  nothing quite like family. I felt like a whole new woman when I got back!  Love you all family and super big thanks to my parents, grandma and brother and his family for the hospitality and rides to the airport!  Can't wait to see you in two months.

 
Portillos Chopped Salad = Heaven
 

Reading to the girls - One of my favorite pictures of the weekend

 
Willow Creek - yeah it's a terrible pic but it still makes me smile! Love love love that church!
 

Family pic - wish it wasn't blurry!


With my parents :)


With the girl of the party!  Love you Kaityln...happy Baptism Day!! 


 
With the Godfather and prcious Kaitlyn

 
With my cousins, Karrie and Kristi
 
 
More reading time with Kaylee



Last feeding on Monday before we left - so in love!

1 comment:

  1. So glad your weekend home was wonderful! You are doing an excellent job of making sure to visit!! It feels like you guys don't really live in Co because we still get to see you! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete