Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thursday Meanderings

I'm on day 4 of my 5 day fall break.  As I keep saying, I am really enjoying sleeping in. Jason has had to wake me up at 7:30 every day so I don't keep sleeping in and am unable to get back into my routine next week. I am loving staying up late!

Meanderings on...

My Halloween candy...I shared here that I was super excited for trick-or-treaters and wasn't sure what to buy.  A few friends shared ideas so I took most of their advice. I bought two bags of candy, got the sign from the condo association to let the trick-or-treaters know we were giving out candy and then I waited.  I waited and waited and guess what? We got two trick-or-treaters!  TWO.  Middle school aged boys in masks.  Yeah, awesome.  Major disappointment to say the least.  I guess there's always next year!

Halloween parties...We were invited to a Halloween party from our Young Married group. I was hesitant to go because I hate dressing up for Halloween. I have stressed about it every single year.  I am not creative and never want to spend any money on a costume.   But we RSVP'd yes and I didn't want to cancel.  We went and had co much fun. There was only 4 couples there and only one dressed up.  Oh so nice to not be the only ones!  As always I am super thankful for any new friends we meet!

Memories...It was one year ago today that we got an offer on our condo back in Chicago. It was such an exciting day for us ! Oh, how much has happened the past year!

The Movies...One of my favorite things to do is go to the movies.  It's probably one of Jason's least favorite things to do so we don't go very often. But since I am off all week I convinced him to go to the movies on Tuesday.  We saw The Perks of Being a Wallflower and I loved it. Jason liked  it too. I love "real movies."  Plus I got to have a large popcorn...my favorite!!

Knitting...I went to a meet-up group yesterday in an effort to meet some new people and relearn how to knit!  The meeting of new friends was an absolute bust but I did sorta learn how to knit again.  I don't remember it being as hard as it was but it's fun!  I hope to get enough of a hang of it to do some scarves and baby blankets but I've been trying for the past 7 years or so!  We'll see!

The CMA's...They're on tonight! I am so excited...they'll be recording so I can watch and fast forward the commercials and boring acts.  Tune in!

Gordmans...Today I discovered Gordmans and am in LOVE.  Amazing store, I cannot wait to have a house to buy for, this place had everything!!

Happy Thursday all!  hope it's been a great week thus far!



1 comment:

  1. i am reading "perks of being a wallflower" now so i'll have to see the movie next!

    ReplyDelete