Friday, November 16, 2012

Thankful for my Health

I am so thankful for my (and my families) health.  I was watching my favorite show, Parenthood, this week and the storyline is focused around one of the main characters (a mom) who is going through treatment for breast cancer.  I appreciate the storyline so much and am thankful that they're digging in deep with a very real and very tough storyline. 

I cry through every episode of that show but these have been especially hard. I relate it to myself and my own mom and can't imagine what it must be like to have to go through cancer or any other disease/sickness. I get sick with a runny nose and I'm cranky and upset. Give me the flu and I think I'm going to die.  I'm so thankful for my good health today.  That even when I complain about my lack of sleep, which I do too often at least I am able to get lots of sleep.  I can get up each day. I can go to work. I can eat whatever food or drink whatever drinks I want.  I am so thankful for today where my health is and for my own families health.  Every day truly is a gift and I thank God that my body is healthy today.


No comments:

Post a Comment