Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful for Jason

Today I am thankful for Jason and marriage.  I wish I had taken the time to write yesterday because it was the 5th year anniversary of us meeting!  It was only one month later that we were we both asking our mutual friend for each others phone numbers. We dated for almost two years before he proposed (me thinking he waited 9 months too long) which you can read about here and our wedding day which was the best day of my life! (You can read about that here).

Moving to Colorado has added a new dynamic to our marriage.  I think it's been a lot more fun but we have also had some growing pains the past 7 months.  We really only have each other to depend on but that also means when we have an argument we still only have each other to depend on. We've grown in a way that only moving across the country together can bring.

In the past couple months I have really realized how blessed I am to be with such an amazing guy, even in times when I have thought it'd be easier to be back in my single days when I didn't have to answer to anyone.  Yes, he can be a pain in the butt sometimes (I love you Jason) but I really did luck out when I found him.  Just to list a few of the reasons...He has provided for me since we got married while I finished grad school.  He puts up with my grumpiness when I get home from work.  He's eaten every meal I've cooked and always says it's good.  He takes my car and gets it washed all the time. He puts up with my rules of the closed bathroom door every morning so not to let the heat out while I'm showering.  Many cold mornings I've gone out to my car to find it already started with the heat blasting.  He puts up with my incredibly messy self.  He spends his Sunday afternoons helping me grocery shop since I absolutely despise grocery shopping, and has gone alone many many times.  He changes our sheets almost every single Saturday because I have to have clean sheets but hate actually changing them. The list goes on an on.

Marriage is a lot of work. While I really had no idea what it meant to say "till death do us part," I'm slowly learning it's a lot of compromising and forgiveness and I really couldn't have found a better guy to do this with. Thank you Jason for being such a wonderful and loving husband, I love you so much!

1 comment: