Sunday, April 29, 2012

Red Rocks

Yesterday was so much fun. We slept in (much needed!) and then went to Red Rocks.  Wow, it was so beautiful. I have always wanted to go to Red Rocks since Dave Matthews made their Live CD from 2005 (oh my gosh, I feel really really old realizing how long ago that was!!!) I have listened to that CD probably 150 times. (I'm not kidding). I imagined the venue being so much bigger but can only imagine how awesome that night was.  (I'm not gonna lie, the whole time I was at the amphitheater I was picturing Dave singing..I even went and stood on the stage where he stood at one time.) Okay so getting back to Red Rocks as most (normal) people would have envisioned it...it was beautiful!  Everyone who was there was either a tourist or working out. So many people were there running up and down the seats which really motivated me; I love how active everyone here is!  After almost kissing the ground where Dave once stood, we went hiking.

The trail was about a mile and a half around.  I spent most of the time taking pictures.  I am so in awe of the beauty here! We had such a great hike, we decided to go around the loop twice, the second time picking up the pace with no stopping.  It felt like the second way was much more uphill than downhill, we were both huffing and puffing once we were done.  It felt great and was just a beautiful day!



the amphitheater







beauty!

2 comments: