Friday, April 13, 2012

Weather here...

One of the many reasons we wanted to move here was for the weather...the much milder winters than Chicago and the sun that shines over 300 days a year here.  (as opposed to about 80-90 in Chicago.) This winter I've been watching Denver temps almost every single day and comparing them to Chicago but it really wasn't the year to compare.  This past year was the most amazing winter in Chicago, I mean most of the month of March Jason and I were dining outside at restaurant/bar patios.  We wore short sleeved shirts outside on St. Patrick Day!  Its been nuts, and I feel it's been similar in Colorado as well.

Well when we got here the first two days it was very cold windy and even got a few inches of snow.  Which is pretty typical of Colorado...sunny and warm one day and then cold and snowing the next. But with that it also means snowing and cold one day and sunny (snow melts) and warm the next, which we did get to see.  I can honestly say that since last Tuesday (the past 10 days) the sun has shown every single day.  The past two nights we've had some really weird storms at night, which causes it to get cloudy and much colder a little earlier in the day but other than that its been all sunshine!

With the sun shining all the time, there's some adjustments to be made.  In the sun, it's HOT.  In the shade I'm freezing!  The mornings when I've been out of the house by 9:00 I need a jacket because it's so cold but by afternoon if I have anything more than a t-shirt I'm really hot but then by sunset I need a jacket!

I'm learning that Colorado is all about layering, and for a girl like me who gets cold really really easily I need a lot of different jackets to be worn throughout the entire day.  If my cars been parked in the sun its boiling when I get in...I'm pealing off the layers, but if it's been in the shade it is freezing and I'll be cranking the heat for a while.  It's crazy!  I love it though...it is just as I imagined with the weather.  It's hard to sit inside and do nothing when the sun is shining and the birds are chirping outside my window.  So so thankful for the sun! (and jackets!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment