Friday, April 13, 2012

Horses in Colorado

I was able to start volunteering on Wednesday at the therapeutic horse back riding barn.  I was to check in at 9:00 and they kept me there until 6:15 when the barn closed. (long first day of volunteering!) It was a lot of fun being around horses and since I have experience with them the instructors were very excited to have me so they had me jump right in.  For now I am going to volunteer every Wednesday afternoon when they have their greatest need for volunteers.

I'm looking into getting certified to be an instructor but before I do that I want to check out how it is at different barns. I am set up for Monday to begin training as a volunteer at another local barn. I'm hoping to know by the end of the week if I want to pursue certification. But just like everything in life it costs money and a lot of time, so I want to make sure it will be worth the money (after I just spent how much money on my graduate degree and without a job at this current day).  I'm excited for this opportunity, especially for as quickly as I was able to get involved and also for the need that there seems to be.  I am so happy to be around horses again, my love for horses is in my blood and not going anywhere! Combine that with helping those with special needs...win-win! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment