Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Can't Keep me away from Horses!

I went to a different barn and volunteered yesterday.  It was a lot more of what I had in mind when I pictured therapeutic riding. I've decided that I am going to get certified to be an instructor for therapeutic horse back riding. I've been praying about what I am supposed to do here in Colorado and have been asking for clear direction on what I'm supposed to do for a job over the summer and/or part time should I find a teacher aide position rather than teaching. This whole thing has fallen in my lap and been so easy.  Both places I've volunteered they have encouraged me to get certified. At the second barn I didn't have to say much and the volunteer coordinator was asking me about pursuing certification and offering to help in a number of ways including being my mentor (which is part of the process of certification.).  While I'm not completely sold on the idea, I really feel like if I walked away from this I would be walking away from Gods plan for me.  I really have nothing to lose but am pretty sure this is the path I need to follow and trust in Him.

The certification can be done pretty fast but is very time consuming.  I've been doing a lot of researching and from what I understand I have a few tests to take after studying a few books, then have to be mentored for many hours, teach about 25 group lessons, go to a 2-3 day workshop and then a 2-3 day certification day.  The workshop and certification days are not being offered here in Colorado but are being offered the weekend after I plan to be back in Chicago and if I don't find a job, was planning on spending some extra time in Chicago to see friends and family, so it's pretty perfect! I'm excited for yet another venture in my life...along with applying for the million teaching jobs...which is soooooo time consuming! While I don't really know anyone or have much responsibility yet, I'm keeping pretty busy here in Colorado!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds excellent!!!! Perfect for you! I can envision a year or two down the road, allowing Acilia to come stay by you for a week or so, and you letting her help you! (Ok, dreaming...but that would be so cool!)

    ReplyDelete