Saturday, April 21, 2012

First Colorado Hike

Today we went up to Longmont to see Jason's step sister, Jenny's, house and her dog, Penny. She also took us on our first hike!  It was a pretty easy trail (for us Chicagoans used to flat and not in the best shape ever!) but we hiked about 5 miles. It was absolutely gorgeous; blue skies, pine trees and the trail running alongside of a creek. I found myself taking pictures every 4 minutes but looking at them now, they didn't even begin to capture the view.  I am so excited to live here and be able to go hiking whenever we want!


The drive to Jenny's! Beautiful!


The dogs waiting to get out..they were so cute! (love our reflection too)


the trail


so pretty and peaceful


Jenny and Jason and the dogs :)


Me and Jenny


love


They were sooooo cute (not patiently) waiting while we were taking a picture!


I need to bring a different camera to capture the views better!


Cooper found a patch of snow and was having a blast sticking his nose in and jumping around...here he is rolling around in it :)


the family 


This was at lunch after our hike...pretty sure Jason and I felt the same way! (ohhh we have a long way to go before we can hike up the mountains.) For now, we'll blame it on the altitude!

I can't wait to go again!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a blast!! Cooper is so cute! I love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete