Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Weight Watchers (again...)

With the move to Colorado Jason and I have both committed to getting healthy and back in shape. How many times have I shared on this blog that I used to love working out and being in shape?  Sadly, the last few years have been really bad when it comes to being active and I also started eating more and while still drinking a lot of wine. Once Jason and I got married I just kept gaining weight.  So I decided early on that with the move I would turn over a new leaf...a new healthier me!  The first three weeks here I started working out and making healthier food choices while reducing my wine intake.  However, I didn't see any progress after three weeks and was pretty discouraged.

So two weeks ago I bit the bullet and subscribed (again) to Weight Watchers.  It was hard the first week because obviously I had to watch my portions and fat/carb intake. (carbs....mmmmm my favorite!)  After one week, my first weigh in I was very discouraged...I only lost one pound. One pound!!  So here I felt like I was way more active, not drinking wine and watching what I was eating and my weight didn't' budge.  I stuck with it and this week I have lost 4 pounds, so a total of 5 lbs. That number always reminds me of my friend, Andrea who described 5 lbs as a bag of 5 lb potatoes...that is so encouraging to me! Plus with all the running, biking, walking and hiking I'm doing I have so much more energy!

Weight Watchers only recommends losing up to 2 lbs per week so I am sure next week will be a lot more gradual but I am motivated and feeling so much better with a lot more energy which is what matters most!  Weight Watchers is great with the additional weekly points because I can still have a glass of wine or a couple beers at a ball game.  I save all my points for the weekend so I can still enjoy my cheeseburger or big bowl of pasta and breadsticks...but it's all about moderation.  So very happy and hope this continues to work!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment