Friday, May 25, 2012

Thursday Meanderings


I haven't had time to write but I have a lot to share so here its is:

Thursday Meanderings...

On Mom - My mom was here for 3 days...that deserves a whole post so we'll wait on updating anything about that except that it was a really fun time and I already really miss her.

On Interviews - I've decided that waiting for the phone to ring for interviews or call backs about interviews is very similar to the feeling of waiting for an ex to call after you break up.  It really stinks.  You cannot will the phone to ring no matter what you do and I've found myself many times staring at the phone just waiting.  Pathetic, I know. I wish I had something more exciting to report on that subject but I don't.  I've had three interviews and heard back from one that I didn't get it.  I was convinced I did since he left me a voicemail asking me to to call him back.  I guess he wanted to shoot me down live rather than a voicemail.  LOL but in all seriousness I've been praying for the right job where God wants me to so I am sure this wasn't the one. and was grateful that he called me back and thought it was pretty awesome to want to say it in person instead of on a voicemail. The first one I never heard back. Rude. And the final one I am pretty sure I would have heard that I got it already or at least would have heard from my references that they received a call. I had to turn down an interview for next week because I will be out of town.  (Serious big tears here...its the ideal job I want, grade level and special needs.) But like I said, Gods got this...so I need to keep my chin high and keep praying and applying and hopefully interviewing.  I do have one interview scheduled for a week from Tuesday.  While I wish I could say I had about five, one will have to do for now.

On Shots - I had my first cortisone shot on Tuesday.  Ankle is just not getting any better with rest, ice, Advil and begging.  So the specialty doctor (of course this is double the price for the appointment with my health insurance...ugh) AKA podiatrist decided to give me a shot since he really has no idea what's wrong with it.  I'm hoping this is the trick.  Hard to say now but it hasn't hurt nearly as bad since the shot so wooo hooo...that seems like progress to me!

On Jason - Jason has been gone since Sunday night and I have missed him more this week than I have in about 2 years. Think it had something to do with my mom being here while he is gone but oh I am soooo excited to see him tonight! Oh and we found out he'll be traveling monthly again.  I'm disappointed but thankful for his job and that he is able to provide for us.  And, again...God is in control, I can't be stressing about that.

On Gross Mouthwash - I went to the dentist a couple weeks ago and had to get some numbing disgusting mouthwash because I have  a little gum disease.  So gross. (both...the gum disease and the mouthwash)  I went to the dentist like a good girl and ended up having to numb my tongue every day twice a day for 2 weeks.  The follow up appointment is tomorrow.  Hoping I am all better and can just go back to brushing every day like a normal person.  Oh and I guess I have to start flossing now.  Been putting that off for 33 years and apparently that was part of the problem. Oops.

On Seeing - I had an eye doctor appointment last week and tried some new contacts and love them.  And I found out they're cheaper...$150/yr cheaper!!  Win, Win!

On Weight Loss - Weight Watchers is just rocking my life.  Lost another pound this week so I am down 8 pounds total in 5 weeks.  Wow, when I type that it really sure doesn't seem like a lot.  I wish I hadn't written it out because I was really proud of myself up until this point. But when I was on the scale yesterday I was extremely motivated so I'll go back to that for now.  I have a lot more I'd like to lose so I need to keep positive.


*I guess I like to go to the doctors here in CO?  Seriously I have spent a lot of time with them the past month or so!
**I wrote all this yesterday but guess it never posted.  Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment