Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday Meanderings

It's been a good but really busy couple weeks. I'm volunteering three days a week and trying to apply for jobs and trying to study for my certification of therapeutic riding instructor.  While things are good I really wanted this weekend to do all the things we haven't had time for on the weekdays. So here are some...

Meanderings...

On Today -- Since the weather was supposed to be rain (it wasn't), we decided to stay in and get our apartment situated.  While I'm glad I jumped right in and started volunteering right away, I never got settled here and it's been driving me nuts.  Today we got a lot of stuff put away, laundry done, enjoyed taking Cooper to the dog park, ran a few errands and just got organized and a little more situated here and I feel so much better about our living conditions! Jason even installed a ceiling light in our room...there were no ceiling lights in the rooms except kitchen and bathrooms when we moved in.  So weird. We still have a few more boxes to unpack and a lot of boxes that need to be sorted through that are in storage but we will get there.

On the Bulls -- I'm super sad they lost Thursday night. Seriously almost cried that last 15 seconds. Now I'm hoping for a Nuggets win, but it's not looking good.

On an Interview!! -- I had my first interview on Friday.  It was for a teacher aide position (and later found out it was only a part time position) but I was thrilled!  I have applied to about 25-30 jobs the past month so to finally hear back on one was exciting.  I need to drop some off at the schools rather than just apply online but it was good to find out that the applications were going through.  I was extremely rusty in the interview but now know what to do for a better one next time.

On Friends -- I am really ready for some friends here.  Really ready!!!

On Weight Loss -- Because of the interview I had to go get a new suit.  I tried on my suit pants back in February when I had to go to a wake and they didn't fit so I didn't even think to try them on.  Once at the store I realized I fit into 2 sizes smaller in pants so was excited to come home and try on my original suit...and the pants were big!  I am so excited Weight Watchers is working!!

On Houses -- I'm addicted to house hunting.  We're not planning to buy anytime soon, but it's fun to look and see what we can get in our price range and in different neighborhoods.

On Random Thoughts about Estate Sales -- I went to my first Estate Sale on Friday.  Things were so overpriced and it was really weird walking around someones house knowing they had just died and left behind all their belongings.  Made me sad.

On the Family -- Today we Skyped with my brother, sister-in-law and niece! (Actually, we Google talk...not Skype but who says they "Google talk?") It was so good to see their faces.  Tiffany's belly just keeps growing...she is due in less than a month and Kaylee grew too.  She kept kissing the iPad screen and blowing kisses to us.  Awwwwww. I'm excited to meet up with my parents and Jason's family! I keep thinking today that I went to lunch with my brothers family and got to see them, so for now it's the next best thing to going home.  Those of you with iPhones or iPads who can do FaceTime with me or have a camera on your computer, lets chat!!

On Random Thoughts about Electric Stoves -- We have an electric stove here and I hate it.  I can't get anything right on it.

On my Latest Read -- I just finished the book, "The Art of Racing in the Rain." and it was soooooo good.  Highly recommend it to all you dog lovers out there...or even if you're not. :)  (And I finished it in about a month, that is a huge record for me!)

On Haircuts -- I got my first haircut on Tuesday not cut by my friend Jolene in a really really long time.  It ended up being a lot less money than I thought which was great! (and I used a Groupon so that was even better!) I felt weird though... I wasn't really sure what to do with myself.  I'm used to chatting it up with Jolene, it was weird talking to some stranger.  Next time, I'm bringing a book.  Oh, and I had her cut it kinda short...and trying to get rid of my layers and I like the cut. My hair is just too thin, I need to accept that only a short haircut looks cute on me.

On my Injury -- Not sure if I've already mentioned this but I hurt my ankle about a month ago and it keeps getting worse! (another reason we didn't go hiking today.) I haven't ran or done anything physical since Wednesday. (I thought it would be okay to bike but after getting off the bike, I quickly realized how much worse it got.)  It began with volunteering in my paddock boots (they say you walk up to a mile and a half in each hour long lesson...and I generally do 3 lessons each time.) I haven't' worn those boots since but the pain won't go away.  I am off this week from volunteering (I am so excited to get caught up and finished with my certification tests) and really hope the pain will go away.  I miss running and being active, not to mention that I'm really trying to lose weight right now...I really don't have time for a bum ankle.

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there and especially to the best mom ever...MY mom.  Love you and hope you have a great Mothers Day! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment