Friday, May 25, 2012

Saturday Play Day in the Mountains

Jason and I had the best time in the mountains on Saturday! (well at least I did...I think he did too!) We went to Breckenridge, Keystone and a few other ski areas since I am still gimpy and can't walk/hike for long with the bad ankle and the weather was less than cooperative.  (It was in the 30's and raining at home so in the lower 30's in the mountains and snowing!) We found the cutest dog park for Cooper in Breckenridge.  Amazing views and brought back so many memories of the many years we have skied there.  I will say though that the mountains looked really weird without much, if any, snow.  We went to a brewery (Backcountry)  in Frisco, one of Jason's favorite things to do.  Ate a lot of really bad food and had a couple drinks.  Drove around the mountains while taking about 500 pictures and then hit up another brewery on the way home from there.  (I was driving...and while I did eat a lot of really really bad food, since I'm Weight Watchers, I cannot eat bad food and drink...so I was plenty sober and safe to drive. I feel like I need to say that since I'm talking about breweries and then showing all these pictures of us driving around!)


 The Tunnel...which I remember driving through many many times when I was younger. I still think it';s fascinating!! 


 Breckenridge ski slopes (view from the dog park!!) 


 Cooper loving the dog park...me loving the views!


 Yay! Craft Beer Week at Backcountry Brewery where I learned that I like IPA's...who'd have thought?


The view from Backcountry Brewery





 Pretty rainbow -- it was a lot brighter than the pic is showing! It pretty much followed us as we drove around the mountains


 A-Basin Ski Resort


Beautiful!


If you look closely you can see Cooper in the back window staring at me and barking.  He was not happy we got out and were walking around taking pictures without him!


Jason was very excited to find this brewery on our way home...it was the weirdest coincidence, (slight inside joke of ours) so we had to stop for another beer and more apps here. (I love that kid!)

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your landscape pics! It really gives a feel for your new home and surroundings!

    ReplyDelete