Saturday, May 5, 2012

Garden of the Gods

Today Jason, Cooper and I headed down the to the Garden of the Gods to hike. Even the drive down there was pretty...but the park was just stunning; the views never ended! It was really hot so we had to take a break after about 35 minutes because Cooper was panting like crazy. But we ended up hiking about an hour total and got to take in the beautiful views. We will definitely be going back, we will just plan our day a little earlier before the real heat hits.


The drive into the park






He loves the mountains as much as us! :)


Pikes Peak in the distance


Cooper hiding in the bush to get in the shade. :(


After we took a break for Cooper to cool down


Beautiful views!




Aren't they cute?!






3 comments:

  1. Wow it sure is spectacular! Love the blue sky too. If I didn't know better I would say Cooper is the best hiking dog ever. However, I have personal knowledge of an equally "best hiking dog" who unfortunately because of her beautiful black coat does not look as cute in pictures!! Well, and to be truthful, doesn't sit still long enough to capture photo opps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want to go here! Now I have more inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shirt you are wearing! I ran that 5k with you!

    ReplyDelete