Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mom's Visit


About two weeks ago I found out that Jason was going to have to travel again for work but about 2 hours after finding that out, I got a call from my dad asking if it was okay for my mom to visit for 4 days and 3 nights.  I was beyond thrilled to get that call and know my mom was going to have her first visit to our new home!

Sh arrived on Monday afternoon and we had a lot of fun catching up and showing her our new home, neighborhood and possible future neighborhood, where I volunteer, the local shops, restaurants and even took a trip to Colorado Springs for a picnic lunch at Garden of the Gods.  We got a pedicure, I showed her my favorite dog park, bought a pass to the dog park that has water and where we could walk. We had a few meals out while also having a couple meals in.  We shopped a little to buy some decorations for the apartment and just spent a lot of time talking, talking, talking.  (If you know either of us, you know we both like to talk a lot...so there probably wasn't a quiet time the entire time she was here!)

The weather did not cooperate, however.  A record was set on Tuesday for 92 degrees and then Wednesday it was raining and cold all day but I blame that on my mom's bad luck. ;-)  Cooper, Sam and I all really enjoyed her stay and I was very sad to drop her off on Thursday afternoon but knowing I'll be back in Chicago in less than a month sure helped.  I am so grateful that she was able to visit and am already looking forward to when she and my dad are able to visit and Cooper hopes they'll bring Sophie too. Thanks so much Mom...loved having you here!

2 comments:

  1. Moving is so hard...but leaving your mom is probably harder. I am glad she got to visit and you made some Colorado memories with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is so warm reading about this visit! :)

    ReplyDelete