Saturday, June 2, 2012

VEGAS!!

Jason's family decided to go to Vegas for Jason's mom's 60th birthday this year.  We got our tickets back in December and things have been a little busy with student teaching, packing, moving, trying to find a job and everything else that this trip really snuck up on us.  I really hadn't given much thought to it until the day we were leaving.

We left really late on Memorial Day so didn't arrive in Vegas until almost midnight and were pretty tired so we called it a night when we got there.  But the rest of the trip was so much fun!  I haven't been to Vegas since I was 16 and to be honest I wasn't overly excited about going back.  I have a lot of places on my list of where I'd like to go before hitting up Las Vegas but I was very wrong, we had so much fun!  We hit up most of the hotels and shops.  We had dinner at Todd English's Olives which overlooks the Bellagio Fountains one night.  We had lunch at Paris Hotel one day and heard the dueling pianos at New York New York one evening. We got a deal on our airfare and hotel which included tickets to the Viva Elvis! (Cirque Du Soleiu) which was so much better than I'd have thought! We spent our last few hours on Thursday at our hotel pool (Monte Carlo) which had a lazy river...so relaxing!  Jason and I had a little more time than the rest of the family so I dragged him to the Titanic: Artifact Exhibition, which was really good, I highly recommend it.  We walked and walked and my ankle was soooo good to me after I got the cortisone shot last week! While we didn't gamble while on the strip we both hit the slots at the airport.  I am proud to say I won $5 (not too bad when I only allowed myself $10 to spend!)

I begged Jason to let us stay an extra day but I didn't get my way. I could have used a full day or two at the pool and still felt like I had a lot to see eat and drink; including having a glass of wine at The Cosmopolitan which was one of my favorite hotels.  I guess we'll just have to go back again! :)


love :)


 Brothers


happy happy when the sun is shining on me!


Vegas! 


Bellagio Garden -- Beautiful


Very impressed with this show! (and I really really don't like Elvis!)


Jason's mom and her husband, Mark. Blurry...We don't have a small camera and my iPhone wouldn't take many good pics! hopefully we can get a few from Jason's brother.  He took most of the pics on the trip!


This was right after he was done winking at me..I was a little creeped out :)


At the Cosmopolitan...I loved loved loved all the glitz and glam!


Waiting for dinner...they messed up our reservation so we had to wait almost an hour but we got a free glass of wine and beer out of it.  Free wine and extra time for people watching...fine by me!


Dinner night two

Great time with Jason's family...cannot wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment