Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weekend Update

This weekend was a busy one.  Friday night we spend the evening moving all our stuff from storage into our garage.  It didn't take nearly as long as I would have thought but I am so sick of moving stuff and seeing any moving trucks or trailers!  I feel like we're keeping Budget and U-Haul in business all on our own. I am glad to have that done and not have to think about it (hopefully) until we move into a house!

Saturday we had planned on having a low-key day and then hitting up the local street fest in Parker but my friend, Jodi texted me first thing Saturday morning asking if we wanted tickets to Red Rocks.  We were so excited!  Jason told me he'd even been praying about the possibilty of free tickets to Red Rocks.  It was definitely on our list of "things to do" this summer and the sooner the better but we're trying to get our finances in a good place so we can buy soon (We're attending Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University...more on that later!) so we haven't bought any tickets yet.

We decided to go to Cherry Creek Dog Park so Cooper could swim and wear himself out and then packed and got ready for Red Rocks.  Woo hoo!  We got there really early so we could tailgate.  We brought a grill so we could grill our brats, had some chips and salsa and a few Summer Shandy.  Oh summer has begun!!

After some tailgating we went in for the show which was Big Head Todd and the Monsters with Barenaked Ladies opening.  I was beyond thrilled to see BNL. I have seen them in concert a few times in Chicago and used to be a huge fan.  I was actually considering getting tickets to this particular show just for them but wanted to wait with the cost of the tickets for a headlining band rather than opener.  Anyway, they were so good! They sang so many great songs and I had my own little sing-a-long.  The views were amazing as were the acoustics!  I'm pretty sure we both lost about 5 pounds just going to the bathroom each time with all the stairs.  It's no wonder people in Colorado are in good shape.  They make you hike a mile and all uphill just to get to the venue and then up and down a million stairs just to go to the bathroom.  I was huffing and puffing like a typical tourist/new CO resident. :)

We had so much fun, so very thankful for the tickets so we were able to experience Red Rocks sooner than we thought we'd be able to.  It was just what I needed this weekend!!! I can't wait to go back!


Cooper loving the water!


Our new dog park...hopefully soon-to-be off leash running park for me and Coop!  There are mountains in the background and really this pic doesn't show it but it's so open and beautiful and allows dogs off-leash and if I can get myself to wake up early just once to get a morning run in, I'd be happy! :)  This park is Coopers idea of Doggie Heaven if he had any idea of what that meant!


Almost there!


Tailgating...Colorado style :)


Summer is here...need I say more!?


I pay him to pose with me :)


I love our new camera with our panoramic views!!! This doesn't quire capture our view, but it'll do!! You get the idea!!! 

Tailgating at Red Rocks!


Barenaked Ladies did not disappoint!


Oh Red Rocks...you are AMAZING!

So I have some really fun video from Bnl but I can't get it to download and my extra tech-savvy husband is traveling so once he's back in town maybe I can add it??  Such a fun night!  Super thankful we got to experience such an amazing venue, especially with one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment