Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend FUN!

The past two days have been the complete opposite of how I was feeling when I posted on Thursday.  So typical of myself with how emotional of a person I am and so typical of God to switch things up for me in that quick of a time!

Thursday night we went to a "young married couples" group through our church. I found out about it a couple week ago but had to wait two weeks to attend.  I was nervous as could be going in, knowing everyone already knew each other and just hate the "house party" feel of any type of gathering!  But everyone was super welcoming and nice!  We watched the Bears/Bronco's game, then spent some time reading and digesting a story from the Bible and then finished up with some smaller group discussion.  I had so much fun meeting some new people and just being around people with similar interests!  The night was such an answer to prayer and am already counting down until we meet again in two weeks!

Friday Jason and I started our evening out in the pool which as sort of become a little tradition for us on Friday early evenings. I'm going to miss the pool once it gets colder here!  Then we went to dinner for some sushi which I have been craving since we moved here. Yum is all I can say.  While we can't BYOB here and it wasn't at an outdoor patio in the city, the sushi was delicious and I was so excited to have some good food!  The rest of the evening we stood outside the restaurant and listened to a Police cover band while watching a lot of older folks get down on the dance floor. Hilariously entertaining!  Great date night for the two of us!

Saturday I did the run which I already blogged about here.  I love starting my mornings with a race, makes the whole day feel a lot lighter!  After the race we met with a Realtor who showed us a home we were interested in seeing.  We thought it may have ended up being our future home but after some thought and learning about some other things we have decided against it, but it made for a fun and emotional Saturday and Sunday with the possibility of placing an offer!

Immediately following the house we went to Taste of Lone Tree which is a town here in the south suburbs.  I got tickets from Living Social which only cost us $15 for all you an eat and drink for the entire day until 6:00!  We brought Cooper who caught everyone's attention.  Everyone wanted to talk to us about him and pet him which then led to some interesting conversations.  I think it was the alcohol that got people talking to us but we met so many people!  Probably no one we'll see or talk to again but it was so nice to actually talk to people and see how friendly people were in that kind of setting. Plus, we got to try all sorts of foods from different restaurants in the area and learn about different places to try or check out.  It was such a fun day!

Yesterday was early church because I tried serving in the Sensory Room during the later service to see if that's somewhere I want to continue to serve. During the day I got to talk to my brother, sister-in-law and two nieces through Skype.  It brings me so much joy being able to see the girls! I had to drop Jason off at the airport in the evening but am really looking forward to a quiet week with just me and the animals before I start work on Friday!  I have a fun week of pool-time, running/working-out, reading, pampering and just relaxing planned while I try to get my schedule closer to a in bed by 9:30, up by 5:30 schedule.  Woo hoo, so thankful for a great weekend!  Hope yours was just as great!

No comments:

Post a Comment