Monday, August 20, 2012

Community Impact Day

Saturday our church went into the community and helped different families in whatever need they had.  I've always loved serving in this capacity and was excited to learn that we could get involved in this type of project right away.  Well as time went on I realized I started my job the day before and also that we needed to be to church by 7am and that with my 10K the next morning even earlier I was nervous about working all day and being up so early so we decided to only commit to half the day.  It worked out because they were able to get a trench digger which saved countless of man hours and was still such an amazing day. Basically we weeded and raked, then put in a sprinkling system and laid sod which completely transformed a women's back yard.  I have a few pics I took but will post if I hopefully get more of the transformation!

Through the process I learned that doing lawn work can be kind of therapeutic to me and I kind of enjoyed it!  Both Jason and I learned a little bit about sprinkling systems and other DIY projects in the yard!  It was a huge blessing to both of us and loved that we could be part of what our church is doing in the community and in others lives!

 The rake was as big as the little boy - it was so cute!


My handy husband laying the sprinkler hose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment