Monday, February 18, 2013

Presidents Day


Thankful for Presidents and thankful that I got a day off to celebrate them...or at least celebrate having a day off!

I'm so glad I didn't go with Jason into the mountains this weekend. I needed this long weekend to catch up.  It's 8:00 and I just realized I still haven't done the meal planning for the week or grocery shopping. Oops.  But I did enjoy so many great things this weekend. I caught up with stupid little time wasters; washing and ironing the duvet cover, scheduling Groupon hair appointments, ordering more contacts (for only the left eye...how does that happen?!), buying and re-potting my plants, writing everyone and their mothers back via email, attempt to sign up for church groups and all the other stuff that was just not getting done. And I feel so much better having all those little things checked off my "To-do" list! Plus Jason and I have a great day off together and I worked out twice this weekend! So yeah, life after a 3 day weekend is feeling great!!

Today we went to a matinee movie, Silver Linings Playbook (super good! I especially liked that it brought attention to mental illness) then went ice skating with some Groupons we bought back in December. I owned ice skates growing up at the lake house but the ice was always too bumpy from the snow so haven't really ice skated except f or a time in college when I hated it. But this time we had hockey skates so my ankles didn't hurt. It was Jason's first time in a long time and in my opinion, we both rocked it! (pic above was us skating) We finished the night with a trip to the gym then the hot tub. Ahhhh what a fun day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment