Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fasting for Lent

Today is Ash Wednesday and I didn't even realize it until pretty late in the day!  Now that I go to a non-denominational church I don't really "observe" Ash Wednesday  as I did in my Lutheran days but obviously still has the same meaning.

Every year I've thought about giving something up for Lent but don't actually follow through but this year I am actually going to do it!  Since I didn't actively pray for any great length of time to see what God is leading me to give up, I am going to go with what I think is most obvious that He's been working on my heart now for literally years...to give up Facebook.  I've been without it on my phone since Friday so have only been on it a total of 5 minutes each day since but what I feel most attached to on Facebook is wishing everyone a happy birthday!  I hate missing out on sending birthday wishes!! So if your birthday is between now and Easter, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

My own birthday (which I personally think is a big deal!) is between now and then so I am going to cheat for a day to respond but other than that it's no Facebook for me!  I'm excited for this time away to hopefully devote a lot more time to God.  There are people out there who are surviving just fine without Facebook, so I should be just fine, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment