Sunday, February 10, 2013

Goodbye Facebook app!!

I took Facebook off my phone on Friday night and didn't put it back on all weekend and I am so proud of myself!

I check Facebook every other second, not because I want to see what's going on but because I do it out of habit. It needs to stop. (I've been saying this for at least 3 years!) Facebook just needs to go away in my opinion but that's never going to happen and I will probably always be on it and checking it all the time and comparing myself to the million different posts that people put on there. Even when those posts aren't nearly a true reflection of their lives...I'll still be checking it and comparing to whatever is going on in my life.  So let tell you, it was so incredibly freeing this weekend to not have Facebook up every other second!

I checked it in the evening (from my computer), said my "happy birthdays" to the prospective birthday kids while also catching up with any messages that were sent. But something that I was not was that I wasn't all caught up in whatever it was everyone else was doing this weekend...instead I enjoyed what I was doing this weekend!  

Can I tell you how freeing it was?!  I thought I'd be sad or feel isolated but instead it was super freeing. Obviously, I am on it way too much to even be writing a post about not being on it but I am so glad I took it off my phone.  I hope this small act will help to put my life back into a better perspective.  My biggest fear is missing out on everyone's "big life" events so if you're reading this will you please be sure to update me on those big events!?  

Here's to going a full week without my little Facebook app! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment