Sunday, February 17, 2013

Loving the Job!

Five weeks into the new job and I am loving it.  I didn't have time to write the first couple weeks and it was pretty miserable so I didn't know what to even write without being a total Debbie Downer.  I felt like I could never get a grasp of the million different things I had to learn in a super short time.

But I officially took over as the long term sub on 2/2 and since then it's gotten a lot better!  Like I told the teacher who I took over for, anything I'm doing wrong or not doing I really don't even know right now, so I think it's going pretty well!

I've had to work a lot of late night and am beyond exhausted all the time but have already learned so much. I feel like being a special ed teacher you have literally about 100 things going on at one time and you just have to do your best to keep up with every little detail.  My students are amazing and while I think we could really use some additional support I'm doing my best and have a wonderful team who has been really supportive and helping me keep my head above water.

I've already been to several training's and have more scheduled before I'm finished with the position. I'll be doing the (fun) standardized testing so gaining experience with that as well.  I'm learning all sorts of new curriculum, how to write and work with IEP's, doing parent'teacher conferences, accepting new students and just about every other thing you can or even can't think of!

I still can't believe how I was able to get this job...how it all came about and that I am a teacher right now and in what I think is the best situation and with an awesome teacher who has mentored me thought it all! I think it goes without saying how much work it is but it's been so much fun and as long as the next 2 1/2 months go as the past week has gone I'll be super happy!  I'm getting really excited to have my own classroom next year and use all I'm learning in my own way!

No comments:

Post a Comment