Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesdays Meanderings

I don't think I've ever done a "Tuesday" Meanderings before but I am so behind on posts, so here we go!

Tuesday Meandering...

On Labor Day weekend --
We had a pretty low-key weekend because we were dog-sitting and uncertain when we were sitting until but we did get up into the mountains for a hike on Monday.  It was a gorgeous hike and not too far from home so will definitely not be our last there!

On BSF --
My good friend, Virginia had recommended Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) back when I was still in Chicago but already looking for ways to meet people here.  Once I got here, I had to wait all summer before it started up again but last night was the first meeting. I was kind of dreading it for a number of reasons. It goes until almost 9:00 and is a long drive which means late bedtime for me. Of course it's another thing I'd have to go to alone and "put myself out there for." I was tired and I had a million other excuses not to go but I did and am so glad I gave it a shot.  It seems like something I am really going to enjoy.  We will read Genesis in its entirety over the course of about 9 months.  We meet with (the same) small groups for half of the time and then hear a sermon or lecture for the other half.  Excited to dig into the Word and grow closer to God...also hoping I may meet a friend or two in the process. :)

On Cooper --
He's healing but managed to pull another staple out.  So now we have one left hoping it'll last and heal!  Jason found another tooth mark on him last night so the dog did bite him. I'm still not convinced it was an aggressive, mean bite but I am really not excited to take him back, ever. The cone is just dumb.

On the Job --
Still loving it.  It's pretty tough, I don't really get a break at all so I feek like I have to be "on" for 7 1/2 hours straight. We're working on that so hopefully I'll get one but right now poor Jason has to deal with me after work.  I am trying to figure out a way that I can get some downtime after work so I can adjust and veg a little before coming home so I can be the good wife I hope to be. But for now I'm still adjusting and trying to figure everything out with my new schedule.

On Ellen -- 
Ellen is back and I love her more than ever!  That woman can always put a smile on my face so I am pumped to get to see new episodes every day!

On Football --
I tried getting into football this past weekend and totally failed.  I said that now that we're in a new state I'd hopefully get to go to some games but they're just as expensive so no tickets as of yet.  Sunday on Facebook all anyone posted about was the Bears game or the amazing fall weather Chicago had.  Had I been in Chicago I wouldn't have even noticed all the Bears posts and would have been hating the fall temps because fall temps means it lasts two days and then it's freezing for month and month on end.  But this past Sunday I was totally jealous of everyone watching the game and cooking their chili and other fun fall appetizers. I was completely homesick.  And to make matters worse, we couldn't even get the Bears game here AND our power went out so I really had nothing to do to distract me.  That evening the Broncos were playing which I tried to get into and wasn't feeling it.  I went to bed around 9:30 and apparently our (very loud) neighbors are big Bronco's fans so I was fully aware of the score all night long.  Next week is a new week and I shall try again!  Bears play on Thursday and Bronco's on Monday...cooler temps are in store for us so bring on the chili and fun football appetizers!

On CPS -- 
It is so weird to have just student taught there in March and now I'm 1,000 miles away and completely removed from everything that's going on at CPS.  I barely even hear the news about it here. All I will say about it is that I support the teachers 100% and really hope the mayor can get his head out of his you know what and get this resolved. I'm very happy to not be affected by the strike but also sad that I am so far from all that's going on in a city that is to dear to me and a school system that is so beyond messed up.

On More CPS -- 
Speaking of CPS and student teaching...for all of you who knew about my situation last year, I found out that the original teacher I was teaching under is GONE.  No idea what happened, of course I have my ideas but let me just say that a little bit of my faith has been restored in CPS.  From what I can tell there is a new women around my age (probably much younger) who seems very excited about teaching the kids I loved so much.  I am soooooo happy for them!!!!  YAY, prayers have paid off for those sweet kids!

On my Computer --
Yeah, it only lasted about 2 more days so now I have Jason's computer.  Hes in the process of getting all my stuff transferred to this one.  I'm being a bit of a baby about it being a "hand me down" but as he reminded me, this computer is actually nicer than my original one.  Being that I know nothing about computers I just know this one isn't mine...but in reality I need to be really thankful for such a loving and sweet guy who is willing to give me one of his so we can save the money for whatever else comes our way!  Thanks Jason. :)

On Houses --
We've looked at so many houses and I've taken house hunting on as a full time job.  The market here is just the opposite of Chicago's.  Houses are only listed for a day before they have many offers and are under contract.  As I shared in a previous post, I'm being taught to wait and know God has the perfect house for us so I will wait on Him.  It's so hard but I'm trying!

Hope you all had a nice Tuesday and took a minute to remember 9/11.  This is what one of my students did to remember those lost; he drew the twin towers and then had everyone sign it. He was only 7 in 2001 so I thought it was pretty cool he took time out to do this. :)  Thanks to all who are and have served for our country!






No comments:

Post a Comment