Friday, September 7, 2012

Cooper's Staples :(

Wednesday night Cooper and I went to the dog park like we do every other night.  And just like every other night I worry the whole way there about him getting into a fight with some aggressive dog. While we were there he was running around as he loves to be chased and a German Shepherd was chasing him but Cooper made a sharp turn and the German Shepherd kept going straight and had his mouth open and Cooper got his tooth to his hip.  He yelped and came running to me.  At first I thought he just got hit hard but then he started bleeding.  Cooper seemed fine after that though and we only left because I was a little worried about other aggressive dogs.  I still thought he was fine until we got home and Jason convinced me that he should go to the vet.  3 staples and $300 later, Cooper was all healed.

I felt so bad!  I'm not in any hurry to go back to the park now. I am so worried all the time about him getting hurt from another dog and though I really don't think this dog was being aggressive I always think it's just a matter of time. We need a yard! Soon enough.

He did fine for the first two days but we just found that he pulled one of the staples out so I bet he'll get the others soon.  Ugh.

Cooper in his cone....

 He was sooooo sad that night so Jason got him a more comfortable one...


Haha, he looks like a girl with a bonnet on! But now that he was able to get one out the hard one is back on but I don't think it'll do him any good. Wish us luck! Hoping he heals quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment