Saturday, September 29, 2012

Catching up with a Dear Friend!

Tuesday night I went out with a friend I haven't seen since 8th grade!  Back in middle school there were about 7-8 of us that were a close group of friend.  Sadly at the end of 8th grade, 4 of them moved and went to a different high school and we never all saw each other again. Yeah, talk about a depressing year!  LOL

One of them, Donna, was one of my best friends. She was one of the nicest and most loving people I knew. She moved to Minnesota but then later in life we were able to connect through Facebook when I learned she was now living in Texas.  I've always been so glad we've reconnected through Facebook as I could see that we still had a lot in common and she seemed not to have changed much (in a really good way) since I last saw her.

This past week I learned she was going to be in Denver for a week so I was excited to hear she was able to get together for dinner!  We met up at a local Italian place that she researched and we had so much fun catching up for a couple hours. Sadly the restaurant closed at 9:00 so basically kicked us out and I have to be up too early for work to stay out much later but I felt like we could have talked forever. We had so much to catch up on!  It's amazing how much much has happened to both of us in nearly 20 years. It was like no time had passed since we last saw each other and just picked up with where we left off!

I'm sad that she has to go to back to TX and that we don't have more time to catch up or that Jason wasn't able to meet her, but know that we will not go another 20 years before we see each other again!  Donna you are such a wonderful person filled with so much love, I am so glad our paths were able to cross again!  Look forward to keeping in touch and seeing you soon! And next time I'll remember to get a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment