Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wednesday Meanderings

Happy Wednesday!  I say this every time with a Meanderings post but life is just flying by!  So much has happened since my last post and just no time to write! Life is good..really good! I am on (a 2 week!) spring break, so honestly what could possibly be wrong?  :)

Meanderings on...

Friends visiting...2 weekends ago my friend Ellis and her husband, Josh, were here skiing at Vail.  We took Friday off work and headed out there to meet them. Unfortunately the roads were terrible so it took us about 4 hours to get there. Thank goodness they started their day and didn't wait for us! We were able to meet up with them and ski a few hours then grab some drinks and dinner before heading back home. The next day they skied and then came to our place. We went to a Mexican restaurant we've been wanting to try (which we loved!) and then the next day went out for brunch. The weather was less than desirable last weekend so we were glad to have something to do. I was beyond thankful to have good friends here for some company and great conversation!! I'm very thankful for Ellis's and my friendship and now with Josh too!

  
Skiing Vail with Ellis


Ellis and Josh

Brunch on Sunday

Facebook Fast...I survived about 6 weeks without Facebook and it was so incredibly freeing! I decided I needed to get off Facebook because I was checking it on my phone without even realizing I was on it. I found myself subconsciously constantly comparing my life to what others were posting (not to mention how much it was making me miss Chicago). I was just fed up with everything Facebook was but also love how keeps me connected to friends and family and other people who have come into my life so I didn't want to deactivate either! I still connected to my messenger so most of the time it looked like I was online because I felt that messenger is email and it was the Newsfeed I was addicted to and didn't want to be on. Near the end I was really ready to be back on...especially to catch up with certain friends. I'm glad I can be back on but hope I have learned a lesson through it and will only check once a day. At least now I know life will go on without Facebook so that's a start!

Bolder Boulder...I registered for the Bolder Boulder and am soooo excited. The whole "workout at the gym" thing hasn't worked the past week because I got sick AGAIN. But even though my parents are here this week I hope to get back tomorrow and I joined a "running club" though my gym which I am hoping will be the key to gaining some extra mileage to my running routine. Doesn't' hurt to try it out, but I'm hoping its what I need to really get back into running! We shall see, but at the very least I am registered for a 10k on Memorial Day and cannot wait!

DMB...We got tickets to Dave's summer tour and I cannot wait!  That's all. :)

100,000 Miles...My car reached 100,000 miles while driving home from the mountains on Monday night.  I cannot believe it has 100,000 miles on it!!  I love my car. I am so ready for a full size car or SUV but me and this trusty Honda Accord Coupe have been through a lot.  It's taken such good care of me the past 100,000 miles!

Spring Break...Spring break started on Friday at about 4:50 and I have been loving every second of it. Teachers get so much crap for having off summers and spring break but oh my do I think we deserve it. The school I'm at starts a week early and ends a week later so I get 2 weeks for spring break and am and plan to enjoy every second. Sadly as a long term sub I'm not making a dime this break but the break is well deserved and exactly what I need to make the last bit of this assignment the best possible!

Decorating...Mom is here so she's helping me finally decorate our apartment. I purposely didn't buy anything when we moved in because we were supposed to only be here a year and then move into a house.  Since we decided to pay off my student loans and we're staying a bit longer, why not dress it up a little bit?  Thanks Mom for helping add a little color to the place!

One Year...It's been one years since we moved here! I reread my blog posts about the move here and it was so fun reading them. (Read them here, herehere and here.)  I cannot believe it's been a year! Time sure flies. This deserves its own post so I hope to write more on this next week.

Hope you're having a great week. I can't believe how much faster time goes having time off and spending it with family. I'm loving every second of my time off with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment