Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring Break 2013

Well the end of my break is coming to a quick close. I sure managed to fill all my time with just about anything and everything! Today was a day for me to get caught up on all I was supposed to have plenty of time to do the past couple weeks but haven't done. I was so excited to have two weeks off to just relax and do nothing but instead I packed both weeks and did so much every single minute. And on top of that, Jason had a work event downtown and I was supposed to have most day's nights to myself but both Monday and Wednesday I got a last minute invite to meet them for dinner which was fantastic but also meant there were two of my lazy nights that I would be out. What a fun spring break, I am not ready to go back to work tomorrow but I only have 3 weeks left of this assignment so need to get my butt in gear and make it count.

As a re-cap of all the fun things I can remember off the top of my head over my break:
  • My parents were able to be spend a week with us which I already shared those details here
  • I was so thankful to be able to watch the Cubs home opener watched from my living room. (Cubs games rarely air here in Colorado) But I dreamed of being in Wrigley with Jason as Opening Day in  has been my tradition since I became a Cubs fan  
  • Jason and I met up with his aunt and uncle from Atlanta at a Garden of the Gods hotel which was a delicious brunch and lovely view
  • I went to CCHS to see my co-workers and saw my old students
  • Registered for the Chicago Rock and Roll Half Marathon on July 
  • Met Jason and his co-workers in Denver twice which was nice because it got me out of the suburbs.  And I was able to confirm that I've still got my parallel parking skills. :)
  • I joined and started running with the running group at my gym.  Another post on that I'm sure to follow but for now I am not really digging it but at least I'm up to 4 miles running!
  • I updated my resume and applied for several jobs for next year
  • Got a really inexpensive relaxing massage through my gym membership
  • met with a personal trainer for my free session from my new gym membership
  • Went skiing at Breckenridge then hit up the hot tub
  • I observed a teacher in our district who was able to show me how she runs things along with helping me write IEP goals, hooked me up with some curriculum and answered my many questions!
  • Got new running shoes (and they're actually a great color!!)
  • Returned my rented skis :(
  • Met the mom of the student I used to work one-on-one with for lunch at PF Changs...yummm
  • Took a yoga class that was amazing! I'm not usually into yoga but this one was extra long stretches and just what I need to incorporate into my running routine!
  • Got a much needed haircut
  • Met my co-workers from CCHS out for happy hour
  • Ran a whole lot of errands, did laundry, ate a lot of left-overs, made lots of good memories with Jason and bonded with Sam and Cooper.  
I felt like the entire break was packed from the second I woke up until I went to bed. I guess I just had a lot of things I wanted and needed to do. I'm hoping I learned a lesson from this and next time won't schedule something for every single day. But it sure was a fun couple weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment