Thursday, November 13, 2014

Jamberry Nail Consultant - wooohoooooo!!

Yes, I'm alive. I have been wanting to blog forever..I have so much to share. Life has been good.  Really good. But I've also been exhausted. Beyond tired and so busy! (I miss sleep!) Right about the time I was finding my stay at home mom groove and Lucas and I were finding out routine and life was just GOOD, I decided to mix things up a bit and become a Jamberry Nails Consultant. Then life got CRAZY busy. Honestly, has my life ever been anything but super busy?  No. So this is fitting. And now a couple months later and I am finally getting myself back into a routine back and finding balance again.

So about the Consultant thing...it's a lot of fun but I am LOVING the extra income it's bringing me, while also giving me something to do "outside of the house, while still being insides the house." :) It all started when I was invited to a Facebook party for Jamberry Nails.  I didn't pay any attention to the party because it was the week I went back to work coming off maternity leave. I was such a basket case then. I was exhausted and completely distracted being away from Lucas and trying to be the best teacher I could be. But I remember seeing something on my newsfeed about the party and I was interested but obviously too distracted. After a couple weeks I learned a little more and requested a sample. I've always LOVED having my nails done so it made perfect sense that I'd love the new trendy colors and designs! Once trying them, I was hooked! I figured if I loved them so much I may as well host a party so I could get lots of freebies. But if I was going to host a party, since I have a little extra time on my hands, why not just become a consultant and make a little money too!? The starter kit was only $99 so I didn't have that much to lose. I figured I could earn that back within my first party! (which I did) But what I didn't take into account was getting everything set up.  It didn't cost me much but it was very time consuming. Two months later I can say it was TOTALLY worth it. I've earned back more than all the money I have put into this, come out with lots of extra spending money and I've been having fun doing it! My team is fabulous, SO supportive.  I was put in touch with someone (Sarah) who lives local that I don't even know and she shared everything that she had to get me started. She didn't even know me!  She walked through my entire first Facebook party, checking in with me each day, encouraging me and answering my million questions.  SO thankful for her!!

I had to learn what works best for me and our family. I had to change the days and times of the parties I've hosted so I'm not taking any time away from Lucas. I'm learning what works and what doesn't. I can host as many or as few parties and I'd like and create my own schedule.  It's been a great experience. :)  If you're interested in learning more, let me know!  My facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/stephanielockwoodjamberrynails.  And my webpage is stephanielockwood.jamberrynails.net.

*pic is my latest Jamicure...love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment