Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pumpkin Pie 5k

Whoops, thought I posted this a week ago!

Since I've been running with Cooper and Lucas lately and really trying to get into shape while losing some major pounds I figured it was time to register for a 5k.

I hadn't done an organized run since before Lucas as was born and while if only run a mile and a half up to this pain I figured I didn't have anything to lose.

It was a sleepless night with Lucas the night before and FREEZING 18 degrees with snow but I'm glad I stuck with it and ran. I'm so glad to be back running again! 


Before run...freezing and was sure I'd have to walk, unable to run the whole thing without the proper training!


Waiting to start


Trying not to slip on lots of ice


Imagining it's Lake Michigan ;-)


The home stretch...still running and haven't bit it on the ice! 


Finished!! (and then I froze my tail off on the walk back to my car.  I thought I'd never be warm again!  But still so glad I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment