Wednesday, November 26, 2014

10 Month and 3 Weeks

For the past week or so, Lucas has not wanted to nurse. He just decided he is done.  I've been struggling a bit because while a part of me if very ready to be done, a larger part of me is really not ready.  My goal was to nurse for 12 months or until his teeth came in and became an issue. He's not even 11 months yet and only has two bottom teeth that certainly aren't an issue.

I've been pumping the past week to try to trick my body into still producing but it's not been much use. This morning I tried pumping after he went down for his nap and when I was done, I spilled what very little bit I actually got.  I cried...hard.  It was a very clear sign to me that it was time to stop. It's causing more stress than it's worth and I have certainly given it my all! It's just such a disappointment when you really do give you heart and soul and then it has to come to an end before I was really ready.

I shed the tears but now it's time to move on. After Lucas wakes up, we are going bra shopping. (Thank God he won't remember this day, right?!)  I am going to get some fancy, pretty, fun colored, lacy bra and celebrate that I get my boobs back! It's the only way I am going to get through this time...by turning it into something positive. 

1 comment:

  1. :(
    I can so relate!! Miles was 9 months when he decided he was done, to say I was sad is an understatement! I still feel jipped and he's almost 7!
    Good job sticking with it for 10 months!

    ReplyDelete