Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Just What I Needed

Yesterday was a tough day. I woke up perfectly fine, walked into MOPS fine, but walked out feeling sad, lonely and missing Chicago. Really bad. On the drive home I was thinking about the city and everything about the city that I miss and I just lost it. I realized too that since we've moved here, every October we've gone home for a weekend trip. This year we aren't doing that. I cannot imagine flying solo with Lucas right now! But that doesn't make me miss it any less. Yes, yes, I know God called us here so this is where we're supposed to be but I just miss the city so much and this ache seems to get worse the longer we're here.

As the day progressed, I couldn't seem to shake my sadness. I was on Facebook (which certainly doesn't help!) but I noticed that our home church (Willow Creek) is now streaming their services every week.  Not just the message (which I usually listen to every week) but the music too!  The entire service. I lost it. Sobbing mess. God knew exactly what I needed.

This morning, when Lucas took his first nap, I poured myself a mug of hot apple cider and went outside where I could listen as loud as I wanted and sang along to the worship songs. Our new neighbors surely saw and heard me and now think I am the crazy "religious" girl. But it was the most beautiful 25 minutes of my week.  I was crying, I was laughing, I was just an emotional mess. In those 25 minutes I heard God speak to me in a way I haven't heard from Him in a long time. I miss our church so so much. I miss the city. I miss my parents. I miss home. But God met with me today in the most perfect way. I am so very thankful that I am now able to worship along from 1,000 miles away each week.  God is good, so very good.  And for that I am thankful.

To join in or sing along go to http://willowcreek.tv


No comments:

Post a Comment