Monday, February 10, 2014

Lucas - Week 5

Another week has flown by and Lucas is now 5 weeks old! It was a busy week being in our new house with so much to unpack and get settled. We still have a lot of furniture and things at our apartment that needs to be packed up and moved here but we'll get there. We have until the end of March to get everything out but it's our goal to have it all here by the end of next week.  I am trying to spend as much time soaking Lucas in though so he is my top priority...the house will get settled by the time I have to go back to work.  

My mom visited for a few days so she got to meet and love on Lucas, Jason and I. I was so gratefu for her help this week as an extra set of hands too! I said this last week but moving with a newborn and it being just Jason and I has proved more difficult than I'd have liked. A baby just takes up so much time! (in a good way though!) While my mom was here, we were able to pack up and grab a load from the apartment which was a big help for me. She went grocery shopping for us and cooked both nights she was here. (Home cooked meals are such a treat right now since I haven't cooked much since about month 4 of pregnancy!) She watched Lucas while I went to Goodwill for some much-needed books (I still need to share about my addiction to that!) and a few sleepers. She also unpacked and organized our pantry which was something I needed a lot of help with! Plus it was nice to just have her here to chat with as my days are starting to get rather lonely not being able to go out with Lucas yet.  There's something about your mom being here too and just the reassurance of things when you have a newborn. Mom's just know. I was sad to see her go but thankfully she'll be back with my dad later this month or next and I can't wait!

Another highlight of the week was that Jason and I got a bedroom set! It was something we knew we wanted once we got our house and had been saving for and I wasted no time picking it out and having it delivered! We are both in love with it! I feel like such a grown up! A baby, a house AND a bedroom set! ;-) 

Lucas's furniture is all set up in his room this week too! Last week he outgrew his newborn sizes and this week he grew comfortably into his 0-3 month size. I'm not sure how he'll still fit in this size 3 months for too much longer but we'll see! I want to paint his room so Jason picked up some color swatches for me. No idea when I'll ever find time to paint the room, there's a reason people get the nursery painted and set up before the baby arrives but us Lockwood's like to do things differently I guess! I can't wait to paint and have his room completely set up.  

More of a Lucas update on his One Month post...but here are some pics of him the past week. They're out of order but you get the idea.

                          

One of his super cute 3 month sleepers, sleeves rolled up because it was so big on him.

                   

Quality time with Grandma Cindy!

                                  

Awake a lot more than before!

                            

After tummy time...he's not a fan of tummy time yet but his neck is so strong so I am thankful for that!

                               

On our way to pick up Grandma from the airport! 

                              

Meeting Grandma Cindy last Tuesday night

                                  

Grandma taking a break from the pantry to sneak in some cuddles! (the background gives a good idea of how unpacked we are!!)

                                   

                                                                       Love


First 3 generations picture!

                                  

Apparently I like this sleeper so much I got it in NB and 0-3 month size...at least I am consistent!

                             

Cute little sleeper from Aunt Shelby! 


Sleeping on mama! My favorite thing in the world these days! Cuddling with Lucas! 

1 comment: