Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lucas - Week 4

Lucas has grown quite a bit in the past week. I'm not exaggerating when I say he outgrew his newborn sizes overnight! He's awake a lot more of the time now and is starting to have such a little personality! Along with his alertness, he's fussy for several hours each evening but one night that meant he slept an extra hour for me at night. I'll take that! We moved into our new home over the weekend which I thought was fine but it was a lot harder than I thought. I shouldn't be lifting heavy boxes or furniture quite yet so that meant there was a lot for Jason to have to do on his own. We have SO MUCH STUFF! How does one couple plus new baby and two animals accumulate that much stuff !? We also had terrible weather for the move - really cold and snowing which made for a wet evening. Jason just kept plugging along carting box after box and moving each piece if furniture. I said this when we did the move to Colorado but wow did he look good driving that big truck! He did such a great job moving everything and without complaint. Made me so proud to be his wife. We are so very grateful for our friends, Jake and Jaimie, to help us with the move. Jake volunteered several hours on Friday night to help Jason unload while Jaimie was home with her two boys all while getting over the flu herself. Huge thank you to them for helping us! 

Lucas now has his own bedroom that I can't wait to paint and get situated. We sure didn't have to wait long living in our small apartment before we got into a house! God is so good! Lucas didn't sleep the best our first night in the new place but who could blame him after the day we'd had! Over the week he has taken a liking to laying flat on his back instead of at an incline in his rock and play or bouncy seat. We've done tummy time (his neck is already so strong!). This week was a little hard on me because the focus had to be on packing, the closing, moving and unpacking. I found myself missing Lucas so so much and just wanting things to be "normal" so I could cuddle and love on him. I don't think we'll be seeing normal for a while with the amount of unpacking we still have to do but by the end of the weekend I decided enough was moved in and I NEEDED spend more time back with my new buddy loving on him. Everything will get put away in the right time but Lucas will only be this age for this long and before I know it I'll be back to work when I don't have the option to love on him (tear). 

Bilirubin update is that it went up a tad from last week but not enough to need lights but means we'll have to go back to lab AGAIN to get more bloodwork. Poor little guy! Thankful it's just for jaundice and not something serious. As annoying as I think it is to go every week I know it's nothing serious and really is just that, an annoyance. 

Lucas, I absolutely love being your mom, thank you for all the snuggles and patience as we're learning how to raise you! 

                          

Our friend, Cheryl and Brooklyn came to visit Lucas

                                   

Another bath! I'm starting to get the hang of bath time so it's much faster. I wouldn't say either of us are enjoying bath time but we get the job done and since he gets so cold afterwards (even though I crank up my space heater) it allows us with some guaranteed quality cuddle time to warm him up!

                               

Morning snuggle time with Mom

                              

                             

On our way to the closing! He's still really good in the car! 

                                

Waking up with Mom - my favorite time with Lucas! 

                                 

First morning at our new house, Lucas is taking in all the new sights! :)

                        

Love

At my baby shower, friends and family decorated onesies. Lucas is starting to fit in them. He sported this one to get ready for Grandma Cindy's arrival next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment