Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lucas - Week 7

Lucas is 7 weeks! As always, he's getting more alert and vocal. He's still growing like crazy but is also still (sort of) fitting in his 3 month clothes. We went out a lot this week which was good for both of us! It's amazing the things that start piling up after being stuck inside for so long! I had things to return from Christmas! I haven't had good food in the house especially after moving since Lucas came. Our first real outing was to New York and Co to buy me some new jeans. Still wearing my maternity jeans wasn't working for me anymore and while I did fit back into one of my pre-pregnancy jeans they weren't as flattering. I've accepted that my body has changed (I mean I had a child fall between my hips..that's going to permanently change how my body is!) and it's okay that I now wear a different style and size jeans.The little pouch of a stomach, however...needs to go! Getting back to Lucas, he slept through the entire experience, he's definitely got the right idea when it comes to shopping! (I hate shopping!) He loves being in his stroller, anything that moves makes him content and happy! (Well besides the swing that we forked out a lot of money for after trying someone else's that he loved...but he doesn't like his own! Lol) 

I also had my first of many, I went out to dinner with a friend and left him home with Jason. I think it was great for all of us! I enjoyed the dinner so much but then when we were getting the check I felt this overwhelming long for Lucas (and Jason!)  I was so excited to go back home to both of them! When I got home I was even excited to change Luke's diaper! (That excitement went away though after I changed it again!) I think it's so important to take time away from your baby both by yourself and with just your husband, but it's not easy to do! Financially (babysitter costs) and emotionally! 

Over the weekend we went out for a few meals to celebrate my "birthday weekend." (Any excuse we can use to go out to eat!) Lucas slept through all our meals. It cracks me up the extreme that people will go to see "the baby underneath the stroller cover." I guess everyone loves seeing babies! They also have a lot of opinions ranging from how cute he is, how small, how he's going to give himself a headache with his crying (we were at Target checking out and Lucas goes from silent sleeping to full on screaming when he's hungry.) I'm learning quickly that I just need to laugh. Everyone is going to have an opinion. And come on people, I have the cover over him to keep the germs out...I don't want you peeking in and touching him but many people think that's okay! 

We also went to church for the first time but I have been trying to write about that since we went...so more later.

I'm so thankful I have this time off work to spend with my buddy! It's been so much fun to watch him grow! We love you so much Lucas!! 


Sneaking a break from unpacking for some cuddle time and photo opp!


At New York and Co shopping 


First time out to breakfast!


Morning cuddle time with me! 


Not the best picture to capture his sweet little face but I was changing him and laid him down on the couch and realized how big he is!! He's no longer a tiny little peanut! 


Night time! Someone is not interested in sleeping! 


Went to take his picture in one of his onesies from the shower and Sam would not move. Made for a cute picture. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment