Friday, February 28, 2014

Answered Prayer - Our little Lucas

(I started this post last Sunday, it's taken me a while to finish it)

Happy Sunday! Generally Jason and I go to church on Saturday nights. Last night was our first time back at church since Lucas was born since the doctor said to wait 2 months. We waited almost 7 weeks, we couldn't hold out much longer! Lucas did so well at his first church service...he slept the entire time. When I was pregnant he almost always woke up during the music but not now...he wasn't phased at all! 

It was so great to be back in Gods house and I dont even know how to express what emotions I was feeling. I cried through every song. An overwhelming sense of gratitude to The Lord is certainly one of many.

It was almost exactly a year ago this weekend that we were sitting at this same church and God very clearly spoke to me. We'd been trying to get pregnant for almost a year and I was starting to get discouraged. I thought I wasn't going to be able to get pregnant and was starting to think about what could be done to help us get pregnant and also imagining what life may be like if we would be able to adopt a baby. But while sitting in church that day listening to the sermon God spoke very clearly telling me to have faith in Him and that we would get pregnant. It was very specific not just that we would have a baby but that I would get pregnant too. He gave me peace as I kept hearing him tell me that I just needed to trust him and have faith in him and his promises. As if I hadn't heard him loud and clear the entire time I sat through the sermon, at the end, he led me to the verse about Sarah conceiving. The verse I was supposed to be reading was about faith but as I looked it up I reversed some numbers and found myself reading instead about Sarah conceiving. It was no accident that after I felt like the entire sermon was directed completely at me telling me to trust God that he would give us our own baby that I was then reading a verse about Sarah and how she conceived at her ripe age. It was such a freeing feeling to hear so very clearly from God that our time would come but that I just needed to trust him and wait!

Sitting in church for the first time yesterday with our little boy brought me the biggest sense of gratitude to The Lord! He gave us what I had been praying so very hard for all those months. He came through on his promise and we were now the parents of a 6 week old precious baby boy! The emotions I was feeling were surreal. Tears kept rolling down my cheeks as I continued to worship Him through music. I am so thankful for my relationship with Christ and how faithful he's been to me over the years and now with our sweet baby. Thank you so much Lord for our little Lucas and for keeping your promises to me! We are just so in love with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment