Monday, May 6, 2013

Random Last Minute 5K


Saturday morning I woke up knowing I Had to get a long run in and wasn't feeling it at all.  I haven't really been feeling like running much lately probably because of the same reason I've always said, I need more people out on the trails to hold my attention!  So when I woke up at 7am I looked to see if there were any 5k's in the area and there was on in Highlands Ranch at 8:15 (about a half hour away), plus it was a qualifying run for the Bolder Boulder which I am doing in May!  I literally jumped out of bed, showered, dressed and hit the road. I got there and found parking then registered in plenty of time.  The run was one of the harder ones I have done here because it was hilly.  I know for any Coloradoans who read this, it probably wouldn't be hilly to you but oh my gosh it was hilly to me!  I was so proud of myself for not walking when I wanted to so many times.  I also knew I had to get under 32:38 to get into (the last!) qualifying wave for Bolder Boulder so the last 1/10th of a mile I really had to pick up the pace. I ended up with a time of 32:19...whoe I cut it close but it was one of the best times I have had since back in my real running days pre-injury.  It was a great way to start my Saturday morning and was so proud of myself for pushing as hard as I could.  Slowly but surely I am getting used to these darn hills and the elevation. Sadly when I went to get my free beer afterwards I needed my ID which was far far away in my car.  Bummer...so instead Jason and I met for breakfast and I fueled up on healthier food. Great Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment