Monday, May 13, 2013

Autism Walk


Saturday I joined some co-workers from the long-term sub job to walk around Coors Field to support children and families with autism.  I was so excited when they invited me to their team as I had already been considering doing it but who was I going to walk with or be on a team with?  I was able to raise just short or $300 (HUGE thank you to all who donated!!) and had a super fun Saturday morning!!  One of our favorites (well all our kids are our favorites! ;-) even came to the walk with us! After we did our walk we all went out for breakfast downtown at a great rooftop. Such a FUN day!  Thanks again to all who donated, you truly are making a difference in the lives of those living with autism!

I love the picture...we tried getting the boy in which we were walking for but he wouldn't get into the picture. As that was happening I realized that summed up autism. It's not about "bad" behaviors or them not listening.  It's not about a boy (or girl) who's too old to have a tantrum.  It's autism.  And it is for autism that we came together and walked.  

No comments:

Post a Comment