Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday Meanderings

I am so far behind on this blog so I think it's time to bring out the "Meanderings"


Wednesday Meanderings...

On Red Rocks -- Last Tuesday night we went to Film on the Rocks at Red Rocks to see Bridesmaids.  It was a blast.  We got there a little early so we were able to get good seats.  We brought Firehouse Subs (our new favorite subs) and I, of course, brought a lot of popcorn and a lot of salt.  Next time we'll bring some cushions for my butt since I lost feeling only about 2 minutes into the movie.  It may sound strange but I loved just being there. With my need to be around people and since my husband is the total opposite I need to make an effort to make it happen so it was fun to be surrounded by a bunch of people. Awesome movie and awesome night.  Love that we live close enough to go again and again in the years to come!

On Colorado License Plates and Drivers Licence -- Last week Jason and I had to get new licences and plates.  First off, the plates were ridiculously expensive.  I mean ridiculous!  And I guess the newer the car, the more they cost!  So there goes my new car I've been really really trying to convince Jason of, even though know I know it's not in our finance's best interest.  I was surprised that we didn't have to take a test to get our license. I am not complaining at all. Trust me, just shocked.  Now that I have the plates on, I really really feel like a Colorado resident.  I no longer have an excuse for slamming on my breaks and driving slow as I try to navigate my way through Colorado.  (I am still so lost driving around all over!)

On Cooper -- I really love this dog.  Jason's been gone all week so that's when Cooper actually pays me attention and I love it!  He is such a great running partner.  We go running together whenever it's cool enough or there's water in the creek at the huge dog park but he's just the best.  When he's off leash he never leaves my side for more than 15 seconds.  He'll go down and swim for a bit but always meets me at the top and runs at my side.  Really love him.  He's such a sweetheart and obedient!  We've been a lot of places where there are kids lately and he is so gentle and sweet with them.  It's like he knows they're kids and is extra careful.  Love him.

On Tomato Plants -- I bought a couple plants a couple months ago and while my cherry tomatoes are doing well the big ones aren't.  Tear...it's my favorite time of year when I have my home-grown tomatoes and they're just not growing.  There's still time, so we'll see.  Wishful thinking as we approach August.

On the Therapeutic Riding Lesson Instructor -- I start teaching lessons on Monday which are needed in order to become certified.  It's basically the same as student teaching for schools, but with horses. I need 25 lessons in order to move forward.  I'm excited but nervous about the certification portion.  Glad to get it started!

On Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney -- A couple weeks ago we got Kenny and Timmy tickets and I am so excited.  When I was here back in January I saw the sign on the stadium and wanted to go but assumed the tickets would be outrageous so didn't even think twice about it.  A couple weeks ago, I finally looked it up and the nose bleed section was super reasonable!  I'm totally loving Colorado for that reason!  I can actually get tickets for concerts here!  Plus Jason's brother and sister-in-law will be here and are also going.  I'm excited for this weekend with the concert and to have more guests!

On the Pool -- I love having a pool here!  We've used it several times since we moved it.  Still working on the weight loss (which has not been successful the past few weeks) but once I get that going, I'm even more excited. (Of course it'll probably be December by them but there's always the hot tub!)

On DenverShare -- I heard on K-Love that there was an event happening in Denver Public Schools to help them repaint or do landscaping or whatever it is they need so of course I signed up. It was fun...being the event planner that I used to be, I saw room for improvement but hopefully we made a difference in the schools. :)  I also met some pretty amazing people.  It's fun to see God work. :)


On Birthday Presents -- I got Kaylee her birthday present.  It's not what I wanted to get her since they're out of stock but I made do and I am still excited.  I wish I could be there for her birthday but Skype will have to suffice! I cannot believe she is about to turn two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment