Sunday, June 21, 2015

Our Scenic (country) Run

I found a path to run with Lucas that allows me to run a pretty long distance. It reminded me of the prairie path in Illinois. Not somewhere I'd usually enjoy running but I tried to enjoy the beauty of it! I also had some moments of clarity for me. It was a rough couple weeks of disappointment in something that I wanted pretty badly and my ego has been bruised a bit. But while I was running I realized I'm following Gods plan and trusting Him which is the most important thing I could ever be doing. I also thought it was pretty cool that I was "that mom" who was out pushing my son in a running stroller running on the path! I've always wanted to be an active mom but never thought I would be and here I am...training for a half marathon with my little guy in tow. Unfortunately I look like I'm going to die when I run, especially when I push Lucas but instead I envisioned myself running freely with my little pony tail bouncing behind me and while Lucas smiled and giggled on the run. Whatever works, right? I have such an imagination. 


We passed a water fall!



We saw horses (and lots of dogs being walked)


And a huge tree!


And an even bigger tree!  I have realized how obsessed with trees I have become since moving here. One of the things I took for granted living in Illinois but I found some huge ones here in Colorado too!  Look at how big that base was!!


We made it 4.5 miles! He was bored after mile 1 but if I sang to him he was happy. So picture that, me barely able to breathe and singing the ABC's and Itsy Bitsy Spider 5oo times. Whatever keeps him happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment