Wednesday, June 17, 2015

End of May Update

Forgot to post this one too!  So behind and seriously unorganized with these!  
Another low key week.  Lots of trips to the gym and runs so not many play dates or such! Lucas went to the doctor on Friday to have the bump on his head checked out.  He bumped it last week and it hasn't gone down much. Doctor said to keep an eye on it...nothing to worry about right now but of course, I worry. ;-)


Putting Lucas in his car seat and he insists on wearing my sunglasses.


Let me down Mom!


He loves being on Daddys shoulders. But lately he's been flopping backwards so his head hangs down.  Because being up on Daddy's shoulder's inst exciting enough


I LOVE this pic of him! Captures his personality so well....always happy and on the go!


Memorial Day weekend we had a fire for about 20 minutes. I miss the lake so much on the holiday weekends so we tried having a fire. Jason got me smores for Mother Day since I love them so much but the weather hasn't cooperated so it was fun to get them out. 


FINALLY got his table and chairs out. I bought them at Goodwill at a really good price with the intention of painting them since they were bright yellow.  I'm so not crafty so they sat and sat but Jason took over and got them done. Lucas loves them. He doesn't sit very well but like climbing on them. I found him on our window seat a day after we put the chairs in. He climbed up the chair then onto the window seat. Not cool, Lucas!


Memorial Day was way off for us this year. As I said, we usued to go to the lake.  Every year for as long as I can remember. Since we've moved here we haven't set any traditions. We started the bon fire up which I hope will continue. But this year we woke up at 7:30 to hammering on our house.  Apaperntly the siding people were wripping out siding off. Our home was damaged in the hil storm last fall and we knew they would be doing demo and replacing but didn't get word that it would be on Memorial Day.  I don't know if we have EVER slept in until 7:30 since Lucas was born. I wasn't too happy to be woken by them! So Lucas and I went to the outlets to do a couple returns since I knew he wouldn't do his nap in the house with all the pounding.  Pretty lame Memorial Day but I'm glad to have the siding (almost) done. (they still have a small section where a window still needs to be replaced)


It got really quiet...I went to check on him and he's sitting on the couch with his remote (one that we don't use) and he's watching The Today Show. I try not to watch TV often but usually watch the Today show in the mornings when Jason travels or when I know they're interviewing someone I like. EVERY time the concerts come on he claps and waves at the audience. If there's music he'll start dancing or we'll have our own dance party together.  Its so much fun!


Went to one of my favorite parks that I used to bring my students to. But the water was turned on (and even thought I thought ahead to bring a suit for him, I decided it was too cold).  Lucas was obsessed with the water and wanted nothing to do with the rest of the park.


I snuck in a couple swings with him too.


Daddy got noise canceling headphones so of course Lucas had to try them out too (pantless is more fun)





Lucas enjoyed all the work being done to our house all week.  Lots to look at out the window, painting being done, siding being taken off and put back on, gutters and windows being replaced


1 comment: