Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Date Night TIMES TWO

First I have to say I love our babysitter, Carrin! I love that she watches Lucas often, nearly every other week so Jason and I can go out on a date. We both look forward to our date nights so much. We are able to reconnect and have good, adult conversation, and I love the night away from the typical bedtime routine. I love actually putting on makeup and being able to wear jewelry. I'm so thankful we have a sitter who we really trust and who is dependable so we can enjoy out nights out!

This past week I heard The Trippin Billies were playing at the Centennial Summer Concert series kickoff event. Obviously, I'm a huge DMB fan and I didn't want to miss out on this so I scheduled Carrin and was so excited for out date night. I had been craving Mexican food and have been wanting to go to back to a restaurant that we hadn't been to in a long time. The date night was planned and I had been looking forward to it all week! Friday afternoon just a couple hours before Carrin was coming Jason informed me that the concert was on Saturday, not Friday. I was so bummed!! (I had checked the schedule several times too...I don't know how I missed it.) We still had an amazing dinner out and half way through dinner we found out my friend, Stefani, could watch Lucas on Saturday for the concert. So we did our dinner...which was delicious. (seriously...mouthwatering!) Then on Saturday night after we put Lucas to bed, Stefani came and watched him so we could go listen to some good tunes. It rained on us a good part of the night but I still had a blast. (I think Jsaon had fun too?! ;-) It was a perfect weekend of time for just Jason and I to unwind and reconnect and listen to some good (free) music.



was hoping for a swirl like Uncle Julio's but it wasn't the same so Jason drank it for me so I could get a frozen Sangria...delicious!


About to get rained on but having a blast with my best friend


a little dancing and singing to Trippin Billies

1 comment:

  1. Remember when we went to Trippin Billies in Old Town - so fun!

    ReplyDelete