Thursday, May 7, 2015

Lucas Loves a Book!!


I'm obsessed with children's books. I think it's so important to read to children for so many reasons but I have to admit, I just love a good children's story! We own way too many children's books and I've been reading to Lucas every chance we can get since the day he was born. He's never shown an interest. I've found myself reading more books while he's doing laps around our house or talking over me. At bedtime when we read he's crawling all over me, turning on and off the heater, taking all the books off the bookshelf, knocking over the diaper pail. Anything except sitting and listening. I know he still gets some of the story and he's hearing words which will be beneficial so I continue but he's never shown an interest unless the books makes notice or is a "Touch and Feel."

Well last week he's taken an interest in "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" and the other two that go with it. Starting yesterday morning it's the first thing he went to after I got him out of his crib. He then went back to his crib to get Skip-It, his lovey, and walked the book and Skip-It to the rocking chair for me to read it to him like we do at night. Ahhhhhh!!!! My persistence has paid off! He points to all the animals and we are now working on learning colors and animals along with the sounds the make. My heart is full. So full! 

No comments:

Post a Comment