Friday, May 22, 2015

Low Key Week - Lucas' 1st Ear Infection and Volunteering at the Nursing Home

Pretty low-key week we've had! Busy weekend with date night on Friday, then a birthday/going away party on Saturday.





 Sunday I ran 5 miles along the reservoir ans Jason brought Cooper and Lucas for a walk which made the run a lot more fun. It was way hillier than I had hoped...seriously is there anywhere that is flat in Colorado for me to get a good run in? I hate hills!




Monday Lucas woke up screaming/crying. He rarely cries and certainly doesn't cry longer than a few minutes so when he was inconsolable for over an hour I was very scared. I wish he could just talk and tell me what is wrong. Of course my mind imagined the worst. I took him to the doctor (his creaming the entire drive and even walking in to the waiting room.  Poor kid. After what felt like an eternity the doctor determined that he had a bad ear infection, possibly two. In addition his asthma was acting up so he was wheezing. She sent us home with Albuterol to add to his twice a day breathing treatments and some antibiotics and numbing drops. The numbing drops worked magic and he was literally smiling again as we left the office. Monday was a long day and Tuesday he was still under the weather at times but at least we knew what was wrong. I couldn't handle the crying...my heart just broke every time.


he is so good when he takes his breathing treatment, look how comfy he got!


he found his Super Man vest and insisted on wearing it



started his morning by emptying the diaper box and climbing in 



then went downstairs to climb in and out of the laundry basket, in and out, in and out, in and out...


 snack time

Thursday we finally went to the nursing home across the street. I have been hearing God tell me that I should go spend some time visiting with the residents at a nursing home. I filled out the application, had the background check and went for the interview.  Then the past couple months I've been scared to go. I just had this fear of the unknown and the ides of going into a place where I knew no one to just start up a conversation wasn't too appealing.  But after more prayer and knowing it was what God wants from me right now, Lucas and I went after nap yesterday. We met a nice lady who clearly wanted us to come chat and Lucas was so good! It was fun and I'm so glad we went. I look forward to what God has in store for us!

I'm really excited for Memorial Day weekend, extra family time! Sadly the weather has been terrible this week (I think we're on week number 3 of bad weather now?!) but we'll find some fun indoor activities. How is already Memorial Day weekend!? Time slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment