Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mothers Day, Monkey Bizness and More

(Oops, I though I posted this on Friday!) Tonight is date night and I cannot wait! We try to have date night twice a month, sometimes more, sometimes less depending on what's going on with our life. Tonight we are going to Upstairs Circus in Denver to get our craft on. I've been wanting to go for a couple months and finally made reservations. Yay! Can't wait!

Last Friday Lucas got his third haircut. He was so good, loved wearing the "cape." We went much shorter this time and he looked like such a boy! Jason thinks he looks younger but I think it makes him look older. Either way, he needed one badly...I'm just so cheap, I hate spending money for a haircut. But there's no way I'm going near him with scissors or a razor. One of us would surely end up cut.

  
Saturday, Jason treated me to a "Mothers Day weekend" and took care of Lucas as much as he could all weekend. He got up with Lucas and I stayed in bed and eventually fell back asleep! Bliss! Then I got to go to the gym and ran on their track...the fastest 4 miles I've ever ran! Under 10 min miles. These days that is unheard of for me, especially at that distance. Love running on FLAT tracks! ;-) That afternoon our plans were canceled because of bad weather so we did an impromptu visit to a friend in our MOPS table's sons birthday party. Lucas loved playing with all their toys! We dendes up having to do church online because of the timing of the birthday party and church. Willow had a special service for moms/woman which was a nice little treat. We also got 10 inches of snow that night! Crazy!


Sunday I was able to go work out then get a massage! The massage was weird and not relaxing. Without going into details, I ended up getting a comp one in its place so I'm really looking forward to another (better) one! I love that Jason took care of Lucas for me so I could enjoy a morning to myself. Then that night we went out to dinner as a family. Always interesting (and loud) with Lucas!

Last year I took a pic on Mothers Day after my massage in his room so I tried taking another.  He is getting so big! Both of us in our PJ's all ready for bed. 

Jason had to travel this week but it wasn't his normal travel schedule. He left at 4am on Wednesday and is getting back this afternoon. Short and sweet but we missed him! Especially since Lucas had a rough weekt his week. He didn't sleep well at all this week and on Wednesday he woke up from his nap with a low fever. He's had a cough and clear runny nose to accompany the fever. He's been waking up screaming a few times at night so there were a lot of snuggles this week both in the middle of the night and during the day. Wednesday morning I just soaked up the snuggles as he slept on me for over an hour in the middle of the night. Usually I'd be so tired and out of it but for whatever reason I was alert so was able to enjoy every second of him sleeping on me. It was the best!! 

Wednesday morning we went to Monkey Bizness with Laura and the little girl she nannys for, Quinn. Quinn is only a month older than Lucas so they're cute together. Except when Lucas tries to hug her, she's not a fan of that. (He is big into hugging these days) Lucas loved Monkey Bizness, he was squealing with delight the first 10 minutes. He loved being able to run ALL over while I chased him. He had his first experience in a bounce house which he also loved. The whole morning was exhausting for me but seeing how happy he was was so worth the sweat! 



the hug ;-)





our little artist - he got more paint on the floor, hands and shirt than he did the paper. But he had fun!

playing with the big kids

Friday we had new windows put in (from the hail storm last fall) so Lucas, Cooper and I had to be out of the house all day. We went to the outlets for new shoes for Lucas. Then he was supposed to nap in the car but instead did a cat nap. Not cool for any of us! By the time we got home Jason was home from DC and the joy on Lucas' face when he saw his daddy is priceless. He is such a daddy's boy and it's the sweetest thing!! 

Thankful for a great week with Lucas and happy that Jason is back home. Looking forward to the weekend with those two! 



he is so snuggly now! always wants to sit on my lap, give hugs or lay on me. YAY! (excuse my look..I had just gotten home from a run!)


Trying to use my foam roller is quite a task with this one around. He was trying to roll on it when I did, rolled under it, beside it then took off running with it! LOVE him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment