Friday, May 8, 2015

Healthy Obsession - The Library

In my last update I said I was slightly obsessed with children's books. I am. Very obsessed. I even bought Lucas four more at a garage sale this morning. Four books for $2.50. Seriously how can I pass that up? I told Jason I cannot imagine what it'll be like if/when we have grandkids! Grandkids are meant to be spoiled and I love buying books. My children will have to buy our grandchildren an entire room to house all the books I plan to buy them!

So on that note, I am also slightly obsessed with the library and each time I go in there I learn more reasons to be obsessed. I shared a very long time ago here about my very first library card. The whole idea of a library was a pretty foreign concept to me until about 5 years ago. But the library offers soooooo much! They have lots of educational areas for Lucas to play which is a nice little break for us to get out. There's the obvious of books to check out but I've never been much of a reader. However, lately I've checked out some really good cookbooks. I absolutely love that I can get audiobooks on my phone for when I go running. FOR FREE. I've recently checked out a few magazines on my iPad, ones I wouldn't really want to subscribe to because who has time to read a magazine every month?! But how nice to just read one when I have the time or need some quick info. We checked out Chicago Fire on DVD.(Which, by the way is another obsession. If you're not already watching and want to get addicted to some drama-filled, mindless TV...I highly recommend it!) I've been wanting to watch that show since it came out but Jason wasn't into it. Now I'm unable to get it on Netflix so the only way I can get it is to pay On-Demand or buy the DVD's. Got it at the library. FOR FREE! Lucas and I would go to Story Time but I just shared last week how that doesn't work so well for Lucas at this time in his life. ;-) But the option is there...one of the many amenities of the fabulous library! Oh and we get CDs for Lucas too! Yes, yes, I may be a dork because the library is not a new concept but it's just so convenient and I'm obsessed.

oh and yes...I'm well aware our tax dollars are paying for it...so I may as well be using what we're already paying for and consider it free. It makes it more fun for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment