Monday, April 7, 2014

Survived

I survived my first day back to work and Lucas survived his first day of daycare. I had Jason drop him off and was so thankful he was able to do that for me. I knew I would have cried too hard after leaving him there. Plus it was nice to be ae to have extra time to get everything together for pumping and not be rushed. 

Surprisingly, work went fairly fast and I was pretty distracted. However I was ready to go home around 11:30 after our outing to the pool. There were a lot of kids and their moms there plus I had just been away from Lucas for long enough.

When I picked him up, I was seriously giddy with excitement! Then the stinker fell asleep almost the second I got him in the car. He barely skept or ate at all while at daycare. It was just as I had expected but was disappointed that I was right, especially when he'd normally sleep for about 5 hours of that time! Needless to say, he slept most of this evening which seriously bums me out. I missed him so much during the day that I didn't want him to sleep all night. I am just so in love with this boy!!

I loved all the cuddles I got tonight and am thankful for that. It's 8:45 and he's down for the night. I'm going to take advantage of this early evening and also go to bed. I'm so exhausted from the emotions and lack of sleep that I'm hoping tonight we'll get some much needed sleep! 

Thank you so so much to everyone who reached out today. I cannot believe all the support that I received from everyone through FB, emails and texts. I definitely felt your love and support and God's comfort today. Thank you so much for loving on me and Lucas!

No comments:

Post a Comment